In advance of our upcoming forum on Modern Monetary Theory (MMT) this Sunday, October 3rd, our panelists have assembled a helpful list of background materials to ground your understanding of MMT before our discussion. While Voices for New Democracy has published a number of pieces relating to MMT (here, here, here, and here), these additional resources offer further insight and breadth.
One week after our MMT forum, we will also host a follow-up discussion on Sunday, October 10th at 7pm ET / 4pm PT. Use this link to join the conversation.
Learning styles are different.
MMT has resources for any style.
- Stephanie Kelton’s TED Talk – (14 minutes – new as of Sept. ‘21, includes her recommended resources)
- The Basics of Modern Money (6:30 minutes)
- Demystifying Modern Monetary Theory with Bill Mitchell (22 minutes)
- Kelton on NPR’s Marketplace – (2:30 minutes)
- Learn to Love Trillion-Dollar Deficits, Stephanie Kelton, New York Times
- MMT Basics, Real Progressives Collection
- The MMT Podcast with Patricia Pino and Christian Reilly
- Macro N Cheese with Steve Grumbine (Real Progressives)